The care a patient receives depends partially on the patient. Therefore, in addition to these rights, a patient has certain responsibilities that are presented to the patient in the spirit of mutual trust and respect.
Patient Responsibilities require the patient to:
- Provide complete and accurate information to the best of his/her ability about his/her health, any medications, including over-the-counter products and dietary supplements and any allergies or sensitivities.
- Make it known whether he/she clearly comprehends the course of his/her medical treatment and what is expected of him/her
- Follow the treatment plan prescribed by his/her provider.
- Keep appointments and notify the surgery center or physician when unable to do so.
- Provide a responsible adult to transport him/her home from the facility and remain with him/her for 24 hours, if required by his/her provider.
- Accept responsibility for his/her actions should he/she refuse treatment or not follow his/her physician's orders
- Accept personal financial responsibility for any charges not covered by his/her insurance.
- Follow our facility's policies and procedures
- Be respectful of all the health care providers and staff, as well as other patients.